James, Tiare and Caleb Kelly. How we came to be!

We met when we were 16 and were friends who occasionally dated until we really started dating in November of 2007.

Tiare graduated from BYU in December 2006 and is currently teaching kindergarten at Twin Peaks Elementary.

James graduated in accounting from the University of Utah in May of 2011, and is currently working in the accounting department for Enterprise.

We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on July 18, 2008.

We had Caleb Scott Auali'i on September 14, 2009

We're expecting baby boy #2 on April 6, 2012

and we are continuing our amazing journey through life!



Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer 2010 update


My perfect way to kick off the summer. Real game and David Cook concert!! My cute sister in law was kind enough to take me, and it was so fun. I love their studium.


David Cook was really sexy in person. Even though I voted for David Archuletta, I still think David Cook is pretty awesome!


I had some fun making vinyl prints for Caleb's room with my Cricut. What an awesome machine!!




Caleb's first swim, ever! He loves the water, and is one heck of a splasher!


Caleb had lots of fun with his cousins at the aquarium. His favorite are the penguins!


James loves pop, so I thought this would be a cheap, cute gift.


I thought I'd go a little old school with part of James' fathers day gifts. I remember loving these candy posters back in the day, so I made James one.


"Backstreets back alright!!!!" Best concert ever with the cutest girls ever. It was so great reliving my teeny bopper years, and my young crush on Brian. What a blast!!!!


Such a ghetto stage, but they still know how to put on a great show!


There are now 16 grandkids in the Banks family!! We're huge, and there are still lots more to come. I love it that when we all get together, the grandkids have so much fun. I just wish that everyone lived closer. My favorite thing is how Caleb and Wes are still in their carriers, lol!


Our first hike in Zions, and it was gorgeous!


Hiking up the narrows was so fun and refreshing on a hot day. Caleb was such a trooper, and James was clear ahead of everyone, even with a super heavy baby on his back. My little nephews were also troopers and hiked through the water with no shoes! Even though they're tough hawaiian boys, I wouldn't have made it a foot without my tevas!


I'm excited for when these two are older and can be the best of buddies!! It's too funny to see how different they are already. Even though Wesley is a month and a half older than Caleb, Caleb is double the size, and a lot louder. He's going through a screaming phase where even though it's because he's excited, it's so loud!! I thought Caleb was a mama's boy, but Wes takes the cake. He won't go to anyone, but Barbara.
Speaking of Barbara, my prayers are with her and her family. A couple of weeks ago, she had a seizure in the middle of the night, and Troy woke up to her convulsing and blood coming out of her mouth. She was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, and she didn't remember any of it. She now can't drive a car or hold a baby until they figure out what happened. I feel awful, and I wish we lived closer to help, but our thoughts and prayers are with them.


Beautiful Bryce Canyon. I think it's breath taking. It's was really hot though, and I was bummed that we had to drive 4 hours to go there instead of spending more time with the fam. It was great though. Any one with a Utah license plate got into the park for free that weekend!


All the Banks grandkids hot tubbing!


My family went to the Olympic Park up in Park City and did the Alpine Slide and the Zipline. What a blast!!


Caleb loves wearing sunglasses!


I love Caleb in hats, especially cowboy hats. I'm going to have to get one for him. He loved being outside, up in the Uintahs for the Kelly family camping trip.


We put Caleb in his playpen, for the first time, to just play in, and not sleep in. He had a blast in it! It scared me a little though, because he would hold onto the side, and then just fall backwards onto his back, and totally laugh. Even when he hurt himself, he got right back up and did it again. What a silly guy!
Camping this year was great, because we got hang out with everyone up there, and then came home to sleep! Now that's my kind of camping. Since I've been in this family, my camping circumstances have been less than ideal. The first year we left our honeymoon early and I had a parasite, and the stinky outhouse was like a 5 minute walk! The second year, I was about 8 months prego, and it was sweltering hot! Let's just say, I again became aquainted with the outhouse, and didn't sleep at all. This year, I have a 10 month old baby who loves to crawl and doesn't sleep well at night, especially somewhere new. I'm glad that James agreed to sleep in our own bed, and come home and take a nice shower! Don't get me wrong, I love the outdoors. I just don't love going to the bathroom and sleeping outdoors with the mosquitoes and bears.


While at Liberty Park for the 24th, we walked past the Rotary Club Park, and I saw my entire family's name on this plaque. I didn't even know it existed, so I took this cheezy pic of Caleb in front of it. I love it when he does his silly smile!
For the 24th we walked around Liberty Park, went to the Wentworths for a BBQ (It was the entire fam and just us, and Dan wasn't even there. Let's just say, I felt a little awkward at first), took Caleb home to sleep, and then rushed back down for the fireworks. It was crazy though, some of the fireworks fell over and miss fired into the crowd, burning 10 people. The show ended early, and there were all these fire trucks and ambulances trying to rush through the crowds. I'm just glad we weren't right by where it was happening.



My dad got some tables for a Youthlink charity even at La Caille, so some of my family was able to eat a nice meal there. Nummy!!! I felt bad though, because they were raising money there, and our $5 donation was pretty chinzy. Oh well, hopefully in the future we'll have extra money for donations :)



Me and my new peacock friend :)

2 comments:

  1. You have had a great summer. Nice to spend time with both families and time with your little family. Next year for camping we are going where it is warmer and they have flush toliets. So I think it should be a good trip. Loved watching Caleb while you went to dinner, and taking him on walks while camping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, that was a lot of updating! Looks like a more fun summer than I have had laid up with my stupid arm :)
    Loved having you guys come camping, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete