James, Tiare and Caleb Kelly. How we came to be!

We met when we were 16 and were friends who occasionally dated until we really started dating in November of 2007.

Tiare graduated from BYU in December 2006 and is currently teaching kindergarten at Twin Peaks Elementary.

James graduated in accounting from the University of Utah in May of 2011, and is currently working in the accounting department for Enterprise.

We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on July 18, 2008.

We had Caleb Scott Auali'i on September 14, 2009

We're expecting baby boy #2 on April 6, 2012

and we are continuing our amazing journey through life!



Sunday, May 30, 2010

Spring Fever/ Birthday Fun!



Jackie looked so beautiful on her wedding. Oh how I love this couple!





The tulips were absolutely beautiful at Jackie's wedding this April. I felt a little cheesey taking pictures in front of the temple, but I'm glad my husband was such a great sport about it.



This picture cracks me up. It looks like he's getting drunk, lol!

Caleb is growing up so fast!! He just started to army crawl, and if I look away for even just a second, he's across the room, dumping over the trash can, with newspaper in his mouth. Every age I've said is my favorite, but right now really is. He says "mama" all of the time, and James always tries to get him to say "dada" lol! He loves to eat anything and everything, especially if I'm eating it. He's noticed all sorts of fun things to do with his mouth and lungs. Unfortunately, his scream is incredibly ear piercing, and no matter what I do, he laughs and thinks that he's so funny every time he screams (I can't help, but think it's cute, except for when he screams in the middle of sacrament meeting). He loves to smile and flirt with girls. He learned how to make farting noises on his arm today (already imitating daddy). It's a good thing he's so cute when he's awake, though, because right now he's waking up around 4 times a night, and won't go back to sleep unless I nurse him. It's frustrating because every time he starts sleeping through the night, he dashes my hopes, and goes through a rough phase. I think now it's because we decided to switch rooms with him, since he was sleeping in the closet because his room was too bright and our t.v. was in it as well. He's like his daddy, and doesn't like change, but hopefully he gets over this quick. It's exhausting.



Caleb had the cutest creases on his face from his sheets.



So as a stay at home mom, one of my new favorite shows is "Good Things Utah". I tivo it every day, and I just adore the girls on it. I decided that I had to go, so I went online, got tickets, and my friend Konni came along. It was such a blast. There were only like 5 of us in the audience, and the girls were even cuter and friendlier in person. I gave Konni the scoop on all of the "contributors", and we got to eat strawberry bread, tomatoes with goat cheese and basil, protein chocolates, 4 different kinds of Arizona drinks, and we both won perfume!! I seriously want to go all of the time now!



We just had to take these pictures, and pretend we were news casters! What a hoot!



I can't believe I'm 26! It was such a fun birthday! I got a ton of free meals, so if you haven't already, sign up online for all of these birthday clubs: noodles and company, red robin, ruby tuesdays, coldstone, tucanos, baskin robins, and sweet tomatoes. At almost all of these places, you don't even need to buy anything. It's like a $9 meal for FREE. So great!!

The night before my birthday, I had a friends dinner at the new Corner Cafe and Bakery, and it was great seeing all of my girlies!! On my birthday my awesome mom made me her delicious strawberry crepes, yummo! I did a fun step class at the gym. I went to Kneaders for lunch with James (my fav sandwich is their turkey, avocado on foccacia), then James got me a CRICUT!!!! YAY, I've wanted one so bad for years, and I can't believe I got one. I've been having so much fun playing with it. It's a dangerous time waster though, ha ha! James thinks that it's the equivalent of an X Box for him, but I'm not totally sold on that. That night my dad took me out and we got Macaroni Grill to go (they had to special order my favorite salmon dish because they don't have it on the menu anymore, so sad) We then went and saw the new Robin Hood and ate our Macaroni Grill in the theater, with our popcorn and drinks. Such a fun Gene experience. I'm just surprised that he didn't bring grocery bags in to dump the popcorn so we can get our free refill on the spot. No shame! My wonderful mother in law watched Caleb, and after we had Coldstone ice cream cake. I've decided I'm just not a cake person. I'd take a chocolate chip cookie over cake any day!!



We went to the Bees game with a bunch of couples from our ward. It was so much fun, and only $3 a person! The rootbeer I bought was more than the ticket to get in! I have to admit though, I didn't really watch the game. I had fun talking to Allison and being in that ambiance!!

Just a few more things. I signed the papers last week to return to Twin Peaks as a half day Kindergarten Teacher. I love my school, and I'm excited to return to teaching, although staying at home and teaching piano lessons has been bliss. I'm loving motherhood, and it's going to be hard to leave Caleb; even for half a day. We're really lucky though, because James is going to be able to take morning classes, and then come home to watch Caleb while I teach in the afternoons. We just need to figure out what we're going to do this January to May while James is hoping to intern. I REALLY don't want to do day care, but that might be our only option. If anyone knows a stay at home mom that could use a little extra money, let me know!!

It was great. My friend, Allison, who has an AMAZING voice sang "I Stand All Amazed" in our sacrament meeting today and asked me to accompany her. It sounded so nice, and when we finished, I swear that half of the congregation had tears in their eyes. That girl sings with the spirit. I felt lucky to be a part of it.

Well, here are some random pictures of a couple of my craft undertakings. I'm new to this, so they're not great, but I love doing it, so hopefully I'll get better!



My cricut, yay!!!



I took an ugly, cheap, white frame, and spray painted it black, and glued scrapbook paper to the plain mat that came with it.



My first project with my cricut! I was just messing around with it, and decided that I wanted a summer decoration to put in front of our tv.

Super lame, I know, to put some of my crafts up, but I just got excited about them, and wanted to post pictures on my blog. Besides, I think a total of like 4 people might read this.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Tiare, you are so sweet!! Thank you for the kind words! I'm sure it was your piano skills that moved the audience though :) Seriously, you're amazing!!

    And the Bees game is a blast! We will have to do that again! Love you, girl! Oh, and let's play around with your cricut sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done more with your cricut in a few days than I have done in six months!
    Looks like you have been busy busy busy, but thanks for posting pics of that cutie pie Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post, Nice to see you use your cricut. You are becoming crafty so you need to set up a date to make cards again with the family. I love watching Caleb thanks for asking me.

    ReplyDelete